Masks are required in office within 3 meters of others.
You are a focused, detail-oriented office administrator. You have a pleasant interpersonal manner and enjoy variety in your day. You understand the Microsoft 365 suite (Word, Excel, etc.). You are comfortable with using new software programs (Time reporting, member management). You can demonstrate strong social media skills.
Who are we:
We are an association management company, which means that we provide management services and event support to not-for profit associations. We love what we do, and we do it very well. We are a diverse group, and we offer a supportive work environment. If you are a good fit, we celebrate you with fair compensation, health benefits, your birthday off, mentoring and education credits. In our collaborative environment you will learn best practices from other team members.
What your role will be:
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position provides efficient and effective administrative support to a variety of clients. You will perform a wide range of administrative tasks that contribute to the smooth and efficient operations of the office and our clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Professional Development Management – Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assist with coordinating volunteers to facilitate a Certification Program.
- Process program registrations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Membership Management – Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Answer member emails/phones in a timely manner.
- Accurate data processing and reporting.
- Contribute to the continual improvement and upgrading of internal processes.
- Proactive development of client member relationship to maintain and grow membership.
- Assist with the development of membership directories.
- Build relationships with client members.
- Work with various member databases, updating profiles and preparing reports.
- Event support– Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the logistical management of events.
- Support the team with all aspects of event planning, from conception to execution.
- Provide operational and informational support for client events. These events may occur outside of normal business hours; occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- Business Processes
- Ensure effective business processes are documented and followed for all activities related to this position.
- Follow and develop internal business processes and standards for clients and for Zzeem.
- Identify business process issues and bring to the attention of Zzeem partners and management team.
- Provide recommendations to the partners on improvements that could be made to service delivery.
- Stay up to date with trends and issues within the Association Management sector.
- Work with team members to ensure profitability, opportunity, and customer service quality.
- Able to create agendas, take minutes and follow-up on the deliverables.
- Regularly update website content. Respond to web and phone inquiries.
- Provide on-site assistance as assigned at client events.
- Monitor and triage incoming mail, email and phone calls from other Zzeem clients and ensure that the request for action or assistance is responded to within 24 hours.
- Provide operational and informational support to board directors under direction from management team.
- Support client administration tasks as required.
- Attend and take minutes at Board Meetings for other clients (back up as needed).
- Complete all tasks resulting from inbound requests in a timely manner to predefined service standards; where delegation is required, follow up with team members to ensure a timely turnaround to predefined service standards.
- Ensure the service delivery to the clients is on track. Identify and initiate opportunities to increase client satisfaction, including value-added affiliate programs.
- Recommend solutions and implement appropriate actions for issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we expect:
- Understand the association management business.
- Represent client organizations at industry events, professionally.
- Travel as required to fulfill job functions, arriving at or before assigned time.
- Monitor, manage and take corrective action on all relevant client deliverables.
- Actively support the development of client relationships and new business.
- Effectively manage the deliverables of multiple projects.
- University degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience working in an office.
- Polished interpersonal skills: can develop positive relationships with varying professionals, and the savvy to drive consensus to accomplish collective goals.
- Excellent project management skills, able to assess priorities, establish appropriate timelines and follow through to achieve required outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively with people as individuals and as part of a team.
- Sense of responsibility, initiative, and productivity, which includes an understanding of professional business conduct in the workplace.
- Sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and urgency to accomplish objectives and mission.
- Able to develop strategies and implement an associated tactical plan.
- Strong IT skills appropriate to an educational and remote working environment.
- Superior time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Sense of confidentiality, responsibility and loyalty to the position, and the organization.
- Must have a can-do approach.
- Bilingualism an asset (English and French)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,000 – $50,000 per year