I want to share with you a tip that is really helping me right now. I’m doing a daily positive focus at the end of each business day to focus on my positive accomplishments. It’s simple, liberating, and really helpful.
Focus on your positive accomplishments
Here’s how I do it.
- Take a sheet of paper and write two column headings: What? and Why?
- In the “What?” column, list all the positive things you accomplished today; business personal, include it all.
- Did you accomplish something for a client?
- Did you do something that helped someone you care about?
- Did you accomplish something for yourself?
- In the “Why?” column, note why each accomplishment is positive; for now, and/or for the future.
- Read it over, see if there’s anything you missed, and give yourself a few minutes to bask in the glow of having had a productive and positive day.
- Do this right at the end of your regular business day; before you get involved with the next stage of your day.
- When you’re done, give yourself a pat on the back and share it with someone; a loved one, a teammate.
- If you manage a team, encourage them to do it too.
- If you have friends or family that could use a boost, encourage them to do it too.
Stress can be debilitating, and this is a great way to stay positive.
Spread the love; starting with yourself.